Society of Construction Law North America
SCL NA is one of the many international sections of the SCL, founded in 1983 to promote the study and research in the field of construction law. The SCL has over 3,000 members internationally, and in 2017 the final gap in the global SCL network was closed with the founding of the SCL NA Section, which includes the USA and Canada.
Since its inception in 1983, the Society of Construction Law has worked to promote the study and research of construction law and related subjects. The SCL is a multi-disciplinary society aiming to balance membership between legal and non-legal members. The SCL and its international sections strive to promote collaboration between experts, attorneys, professors, engineers, arbitrators, and anyone else that has an interest and desire to improve how disputes in the construction industry are managed and resolved either proactively or retroactively.
In 2017 the North American Society of Construction Law (SCL NA) was founded. In September 2018, the SCL NA successfully hosted the SCL International Conference (held every two years) in Chicago with over 250 delegates from all corners of the globe. Now the SCL NA has established regional directors to help promote the mission of the Society, with each region hosting events throughout the year.
- Professional Development – Ability to publish papers with worldwide recognition and exposure to international perspectives on construction law.
- Members-Only Resources – Advance your knowledge with Access to Members-Only publications, videos and other resources from the entire SCL International Library.
- International Involvement – Opportunity to participate in developing the new Society section, serve on the board and launch the annual Conference and events across North America.
- Networking – Enhance your professional relationships and interact with SCL Societies across the globe, including inside counsel, outside counsel and experts in the construction field.
- Reciprocal Benefits – Discounted attendance at international and regional Conferences and seminars with sister societies.
- Events – Opportunity to present at and attend cross-disciplinary seminars and Conferences at the SCL Sections across the globe.